Saturday, May 21, 2011

recipe

Good morning!
Even though it is early and all 4 of my boys are still in zzzzzzzzzzzzland the sun is up, the sky is blue, the birds are singing. What a glorious day the Lord has made! I am so glad because Serve Elyria is today and even though I cannot be a part of serving this year I am so glad the weather is perfect for today.

Later after hubby gets off duty at the airport we are going to head on over for a BBQ / picnic at the home of one family from our flock(Bible study) group.
I am trying to make up my mind if I should make pasta salad or a brown rice salad. hmmmmmm . Well anywhoooo here is the brown rice salad recipe that I might bring over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ingredients
4 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I will not uses beans today-allergies)
2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 medium bell peppers chopped
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (or any non creamy type dressing)
Directions
In a large bowl, combine the first ten ingredients. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.


Toodles!

Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 162 calories (without beans is 140 calories), 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.

No comments:

Post a Comment